Drive Thru Food Drive
The Drive-Thru Food Drive is over and there were 1300 pounds of groceries delivered and over 2500 received. Thank you to all who made this happen!More details...
Farmers Market w/ Washington Council of Congregations
Volunteers needed to man the table
FARMERS' MARKET, Saturdays from 10-1 at Washington Depot. The Washington Council of Congregations will host a table for donations of fresh fruits and vegetables for the chefs of the Community Culinary School in Milford, who are preparing meals for the New Milford Senior Center, the Daily Bread Food Pantry and the New Milford Food Bank.
St. John’s Episcopal Church is a vibrant, welcoming and diverse community of faith located in the heart of the Litchfield Hills that is actively engaged in a mission of outreach to its immediate community and the wider world. Our call is to a mature living Christianity where Scripture, Reason, the Sacraments and apostolic Tradition offer us a glimpse of the Holy and enrich our spiritual and devotional lives. We are progressive in our understanding of the Church’s mission to bring Christ to all people, orthodox in our theology, traditional in our liturgy and catholic in our devotional practices.
Founded in 1794, St. John’s Church was originally built in Davies Hollow by the families of the newly created town of Washington, CT. It was moved to its current location on Green Hill Road in 1917 as the congregation was growing and it needed a larger space to hold services as well as community activities. Ehrick Rossiter was asked to be the architect and he designed the new church in an English medieval style.
Please join us for Sunday Services.
To "BE" the kind of church God is calling us to BE takes each and every one of us - acting together, mindfully, intentionally, and generously. It requires each and every one of us to give of ourselves - to be present, to participate, and to pledge - generously, even sacrificially, as we are able
Our 2020 pledge campaign is ongoing - if you need a pledge card, please contact the Church.